I'm trying to learn Spanish. I know there is a word for "my and I which is mi and yo, but what about the Spanish word for me"?) ?

Is there a word in Spanish for the English word "me"(ex: Follow me to the car?

Sigueme al coche.Follow me to the car. The word me is the same as in English

• John P

If you could please explain in simple words what you mean by: "mi" and "yo" then maybe we could help you.

me -- pronounced "may" -- direct and indirect object pronoun:

Me llaman = they call me.

Me dan flores = they give [to] me flores

The word is me [pronounce 'meh']. Follow me = sígueme [here it is attached to the imperative form of the verb, but it usually stands alone].

Me llaman Shirley = They call me Shirley.

• Pontus

You've got 2 wrong answers so far.

English me is translated into Spanish either as "me" (pronounced roughly as "meh"), for direct or indirect objects, or as "mí", after prepositions.

It is not "yo", with the exception that there are times when Spanish answers "yo"/ I ,- when it is the grammatical subject, even if the verb is not stated. In English, though, many speakers will use "me" when the verb is not stated, even if it's the grammatical subject.

Stating that ME is always translated by YO is absolutely false.

• Cogito

"Me" and "I" mean the same thing.

"Yo" is the Spanish word for both.

it's the same thing, you neckbeard