how difficult it probably will be to replace the fuel filter on a 1993 Toyota T100 truck?

I was thinking that it might not be easy enough to remove , due to rust? and then might damage the fuel line? how expensive that would be? any tips on how to go about it? maybe should take it to an experienced mechanic who knows any tricks?

Also, how will replacing the fuel filter (Which I don't think has ever been changed in 235,000 miles now)...make the vehicle perform better? more horse power?

• Erik
    Best Answer

I initially tried changing my fuel filter, and gave up. I took it to my mechanic, and it took him a half hour just to get the top bolt off. It didn't run any different after I changed it.

• Trump 2020
      4 weeks agoReport

There's a special wrench designed for use on flared fittings so you don't ruin the fitting by rounding it when the crescent wrench slips. Get one at any auto parts store, after you find out what size to get.