Can the police arrest me if im a threat to myself cutting my self?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    4 weeks ago
    Best Answer

Yes. Any detainment, against your will, Is an arrest . Just because you aren't taken to general pop jail and formally charged means Nothing.

They Will take to to a holding cell, only underwear on, plastic windows, for 24-72 hours. Maybe see a judge and get two weeks in a mental facility.

Been there.

• 4 weeks ago

They can not arrest you but they can take you to the hospital to be examined by a psychiatrist or a nurse.

• 1 month ago

Yes they can for your own protection if they know that you're going to hurt yourself or others they can arrest you and Baker act you that's where they put you in a cell and hold you for 72 hours and submit the following to a judge x person is a threat to himself or others. he was therefore arrested for his own protection and is now remanded to the custody of the court for evaluation. The judge will order you to court. they will take you to the hospital where they will observe you for a few days. They'll probably let you out in a few days. And you'll probably try to hurt yourself again and end up back in the jail in front of the judge. the cutting yourself thing is an attention-getting mechanism to go to the hospital and to get dope.

• Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No. That isn't a crime.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bruce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, they will not arrest you.

They can, however, take you into protective custody and have you transported to a secure mental health facility where you will remain for 72 hours or until you are deemed to no longer be a threat to yourself.

• Detaining anyone against will IS an Arrest. I think the Real Bruce is on Vacation. again?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Of course not. You are not committing a crime.

If you do a threat to yourself, there is nothing against the law you are doing. If it is a serious situation where you try to cut a person, then the police may arrest you. Whatever threat you do to yourself, it is not the police's business to take care of. This is only a crime if you make threats on another person. But to yourself, no.

It is only a crime if you do threats to another person.

• 1 month ago

Yes and mental health is like prison they don't help and if you're combative they will give you a shot and you'll pass out. This world is a joke

• Manny
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Dunno, I guess it's how you do it. If you're screaming the threat in a Chuck E. Cheese's, then probably yeah. But it'll be more for the disturbance than actually cutting yourself.

Source(s): Don't cut yourself, please. Just thinking about it gives me chills in the wrong way. You're making me sad.
    • Manny
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

See, I was right. This does make me sad…

• 1 month ago

No - but they could bring you to a mental institution for help

• abby
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

they take you into custody , on a 72 hour psych hold . it's not exactly an arrest .

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.