Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

My cat accidentally ate paracetamol then vomited it out ?

Will she be fine. If not what are the symptoms she may be dieing and how long does it take to kill her. Please I need answers so I know I have how much time I have to take her to the vet

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

    I just gave you an answer didn't you read it? Your cat vomited it's either going to be alright or it isn't. Acetaminophen Tylenol won't kill your cat immediately your cat will get better and then a week later they usually die if the stuff stayed in their system long enough it causes the liver to shut down. Feed your cat good food and liquid for the next week and it just might flush it out before it causes liver damage. Call your vet and see if they can give the cat anything to help.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Cats do not have the enzyme needed to break down paracetamol safely. Instead, dangerous compounds are formed within their bodies. This affects the red blood cells, and stops oxygen from circulating effectively. These compounds also cause severe liver damage.

    Ifit vomited it up then you should be OK... speak to your vet if you are concerned

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.