heat cost by electric baseboard?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Tf I look like ?? An Electrician??? Fck on outta here with that Mojo JoJo !!

• y
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

All depends on your electrical cost verse whatever alternatives one has.  Heat pumps are used in many areas and basically, they come down to electrical heat.  I would assume in those areas electric baseboard would be of similar value. I'm in Ma, one would be a moron to use electric as their primary heating source. Yet for some strange reason, some do.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

IF the question has about COMPARING costs, your answer would be semi-valid.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Electric baseboard heaters are essentially the WORST. Especially if you get snow sleet hail ice, so really cold. But still better than nothing.

Cost of electricity

How high is the heat set at. Is that 24/day or do you turn it down when nobody is home? or is sleeping under thick blankets.?

How big is the home. How well insulated? How do you dress while up(naked or wearing a sweater and pants and socks?

Carpets or hardwood floors.? (Carpets are always warmer)

Lots of furniture or none? Furniture can hold heat for awhile, a bare naked room holds nothing.

Lots of cooking happening in the kitchen. The oven is a source of heat.

Do you spend much time at home or most of your day at work? No need to warm the house when nobody is home. Do you spend your days in the shopping malls or stores that are heated. Again it is a period when you are not at home.

While it seems like nickel and dime savings it adds up to big dollar savings on the electrical bill. Move out of a red state and into a blue state like California and really save on heating. Or have a winter home there.

• 1 month ago

What is the temperature difference you wish to maintain between inside and outside?

What is the R factor of the exterior? IN other words, how fast does heat escape?

How efficient are the baseboard heaters?

What is the local cost of electricity?

I won't swear that is a complete list, but without ALL those numbers, any cost estimate is a WILD GUESS.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

How cold is it outside, how high are you going to turn the thermostat, how large of an area are you heating. Ask an intelligent question if you want an intelligent answer because there is no correct answer here. Not even a good guess.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.