Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 9 months ago

What should I do?

I’ve recently found out some awful news that one of my parents committed adultery about 10 years ago. But idk what to do whether I should confront them about it or something else? Last night I had trouble sleeping and could fill my body with nerves. It freaking hurts me knowing that news. My parents relationship seems to be good as of lately and currently but idk whether to start a huge deal because of something that happened 10 years ago. Someone please give some advice I’m so stressed right now at this moment 

• Foofa

Your parents' relationship is their own business and if they could forgive and forget it's not your place to go stirring things up. You can of course mitigate your respect for the parent who strayed. But you don't get to go confront people over things that 1) happened a decade ago...and...2) have nothing to do with you. If they're getting along now you should just leave this alone.

• Brian

You weren't involved and it seems to not make much difference now so whatever happened must have worked itself out. You don't need to be bringing this up and be the cause of a possible divorce... but do learn from the mistake you heard about.

• Eva

You should do nothing. Your parents relationship is none of your business. You don't even know for sure if it's true. If it continues to bother you and you just can't let it go, speak to the parent in private that supposedly did it. Do not involve the other parent.

Let it go Milkshakes, trust, if you don't, Karma, kicks and never loses, you will do it or it will happen to you, battered nerves will lead to shattered curves, meaning around the bend, whatcha gonna do when it happens to you?

Look-it, if you get into some adult stuff like that, it's gonna rickashay.

Let sleeping dogs lie. Don't stir up trouble where there is none.

• Confront them.....

Forget about it. You can't help and if you start trying to "fix it" everybody loses.

it's none of your business. Get a hobby.