Cons: Don't you understand that, the few women who DO meet the standards to serve in combat should be permitted to serve?

Update:

"few women can pass the tests" --- Okay? so?

The few women who do pass the tests should be allowed to serve!

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Listen, if women want to serve in combat(and many have). All power to them. But as it has been pointed out by another user. Wait until body bags by the hundreds are filled with females. Their song will change right quick. If females meet the requirements and the standard set. And they want to serve in frontline units. Cool with me.

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They already are serving. There’s at least 2 females in charge of a combat u it currently

• 1 month ago

The American people decide who should serve in combat.  And NOT the cons.  LOL - wait till there is a big friggin shooting war & body bags are being filled in huge numbers.  I don't think young women are nearly as enthused about getting killed, maimed & wounded as you seem to think.  

• 1 month ago

What is the point of spending time , money and effort on adapting training ,facilities and operational procedures etc ,just to accommodate a very small proportion of potential applicants ,when far more applicants are available that won't require those changes .

I have no problem with women serving in some combat roles ,eg fighter pilots -- but in most others it is not worth the "problems" that such mixed units bring

• hoarseman
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Or -- as in the UK , the RAF reduced its marching speed and stride to accommodate female troops ,after 3 of them were awarded £100,000 each for "pelvic fractures" caused by having to march at the same pace as their male colleagues .

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Do YOU understand that isn't even a WEAK argument? You merely made a claim without even trying to support it.

You actually made TWO unsupported claims. The one you don't realize you made is the conservatives as a group oppose women in combat.

• 1 month ago

I dont like the idea of women in the military

Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Hey, you did serve fries...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.