As in the past, I think I have a diabetic neropathy flare up - I tripped over one of my hounds and since then have a really painful burning?

sensation in my left hip area although unlike before not right down my leg or with any pins and needles. Just a lot of pain and an inability to get comfortable other than to be popping paracetamol and upping my Gabapentin which I'd got down to one a day. What else should I be doing .. all I can find is suggestions that my blood sugars should be put right which I'm currently having diabetic dietary sessions for.

Update:

@ Tavy. Probably BUT I have been x-rayed and arthritis in my spine was the diagnosis. I guess I'll just have to phone the GP, for what that's worth!! As you can tell, I don't have much faith in my local GP Practice. Which is why I asked this question - and keep popping the Paracetamol + Gabapentin + the other raft of drugs in my system.............................................

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

Don't you think it should be Xrayed? Perhaps it has nothing to do with your diabetes but down to arthritis?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.