Dell laptop error code 0xc000007b?

This morning I opened my laptop to find this. (Image below.) it was absolutely fine last night. I was just watching Netflix and then turned it off and went to sleep. I’d like to try and fix this by myself because it’s a school laptop but I also use it for my personal things, like games. And I have to disable the firewall in order to do that. And if anybody found out I was doing that, I’d probably get my head ripped off. I do not have a CD or USB drive in order to fix it. So answers including those will not be helpful.

• David

You can't easily fix it yourself, and would probably end up doing more damage. Let the school IT department fix it. They have the equipment to fix it, they probably get this sort of thing all the time

Method 1: Reinstall the application you are trying to run

If the error code is caused by application error, you can fix it by reinstalling the application which you are trying to run.

First, you need to uninstall it and remove anything related to the software from computer. Then restart computer before starting reinstallation. During installation, please turn off antivirus software.

Note: Scan your computer before turning off antivirus software.

Method 2: Run the software as Administrator

Some software requires running as administrator, and error will occur if do not launch it as administrator. Sometimes, providing administrative privilege can solve this problem.

To do this, please right click the shortcut icon on desktop and select "Run as administrator" option. Click "Yes" when you see the popped up message box and you will be able to run the application successful.

If you can't find the option after right clicking application icon, select "Properties" option from the right-click menu. Click "Compatibility" tab on the Properties window and check the option "Run this program as an administrator". Then click OK button.

Method 3: Install or repair the Latest Version of .NET Framework

.NET Framework may give rise to all kinds of errors and problems if it is not properly installed or updated. If your computer doesn't install the latest version of .NET Framework, update it to wipe out error.

Step 1 Click "Start" button to select Control Panel and click Programs and Features.

Step 2 Click "Turn Windows features on or off" item on the left panel. The "Windows Features" window pops up.

Step 3 On the "Windows Features" window find and click .NET Framework 3.5 and press OK. Then it will start downloading and installation.

Step 4 Restart computer and check whether this error is fixed. If this method cannot solve 0xc000007b application error, continue reading!

Read more................

Take the battery out if you can and disconnect the power and then try to restart it if the computer boots up normally fine if not you just said it's a school computer don't be tampering with the school's computer. and to learn how to make yourself a Linux live USB stick so that you can do your surfing and private things from a live USB when you remove the live USB there's no record of what you've done.

...............

• keerok

It's not your laptop so let the school fix it. To me, getting your head ripped off is better than them asking you to replace the laptop entirely.