Key West or San Fransisco?

I'm trying to plan a trip in January. Which would be a better place, and what are some things to do once I get there?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Key West is a drinking town with a fishing problem. Drinking and fishing are the two principle activities.

• Jerry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

How important is weather? Even in summer, SF can be mighty and chilly and wet. Key West will have warm weather and blue skies with flowers and greenery everywhere. There are all kinds of water activities: diving, kayaks and other small boats, fishing, sunbathing & swimming, bicycling. Also the usual tourist activities of dining, shopping, music. But the nearest big city is a two-three hour drive.

If you've never been to the tropics and have seen lots of big cities, then maybe it's time to visit Key West. Especially if it's happening in January.

• 1 month ago

San Francisco is the better choice. It's the most beautiful city in the world.

• 1 month ago

im from uk ..been to both ..san francisco is cold ..and hilly ...whereas key west is flat ...and warm ..last time i was in key west they had a storm ..and the place was flooded !!....what would i do? fly to miami ..drive to key west ...one of the truly world's best drives ..then head back up the coast ..key largo ..miami ..cape kennedy ..cocoa beach ..daytona beach ..jacksonville ..then head across country to destin ...down the gulf coast to naples ..back to miami via alligator alley ...nice interesting short trip

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

It depends on what kind of weather you like and what you want to do.

It can be chilly in San Francisco in January. Key West will be warmer.

I suggest you browse the tourist websites for both places and see what they have to offer. I'm sure you'll find one has more to offer you in terms of your personal interests.

Below are a couple of sites, but check around on some other ones.

• Greg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Wow, what a difference. The only similarity would be that both are very popular with gay men. Key West is really just a party and watersports town. There is some tourist "shopping" and a few odd sights to see. It is hot and humid all the time. San Francisco has everything you would expect in a major city. It is cool and damp almost all of the time. Not knowing what you are looking for makes it difficult to say what there is to do.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.