AKM asked in Computers & InternetSoftware · 1 month ago

Failed to link excel spreadsheet from word document?

I could not insert an object (Excel spreadsheet) in word document. When I am trying to link an excel sheet to a word document through insert>Object>Create from file_Link to file from an excel spreadsheet. The following error message appears:

"The program used to create this object is Excel. That program is either not installed on your computer or it is not responding. To edit this object, install excel or ensure that any dialog box in excel are closed"

I know that Excel is installed on the PC. The PC is running Windows 7 and Office Professional Plus 2010. I used to do that in the same computer with same Office suit but could not do it now?

I uninstalled & re-installed Office Professional plus 2010 but still could not solve the issue.

Any ideas?

The error says that you don't have Excel installed. but you say you do. Try re-installing JUST Excel. using custom on the install and include EVERYTHING shown as "Run from This Computer." Do the same for Word.

I use MS Office 2007 and have no issues even after all updates installed, so I really don't think it's an update that broke things. Again, it may just need for Excel and it's parts. to be installed/reinstalled.

It's probable that software updates to your OS have broken the ability of your 9yr old office suite to link in the manner you want to use!