Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Which category of canadian PR should i apply while doing bachelors and receive PR after graduating? is there any pathway like this?

7 Answers

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    You don't. If you receive an advanced degree in the right major and are willing to work in a province that needs that specialty you can enter the Express Entry program. But few are chosen and it's definitely not something you can do while still a student.

  • 1 month ago

    No. A student visa is NOT a path for immigration. After studies, you have to return home. A Canadian degree MIGHT make it easier to immigrate to Canada later (depending what it is in, and what work experience you have), but, there are no guarantees.

  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You don't qualify for any category of PR .

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    No Permanent Residence for students.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

    No chance at all. You must be fully qualified at the time you submit your application. That means you hold your advanced/professional degrees and have post-degree experience which meets Canadian standards in a specialist occupation which is in short supply.

    Student visas are temporary non-immigration visas issued on the condition that foreign students return to their country of citizenship immediately upon completion or termination of full-time studies. You would prove "intent to remain" by applying for PR while a student - proves you are committing visa FRAUD. Visa fraud, intent to remain, is grounds for visa denial, or revocation with deportation/mandatory departure, and permanent bar to entry.

    Bachelor's degree typically is not enough to qualify for employment visas anymore. Millions of bachelor's degree holders looking for work. Expect to need minimum of master's degree PLUS several years of experience in an occupation which is in short supply somewhere before you might qualify for a visa. And still expect plenty of competition for any job offering prospects of temporary employment visa or immigration.

    BTW, Canada has the highest percentage of its workforce holding bachelor's degree or higher of any country in the world. Perhaps bachelor's degree is a still a Big Deal in your country, but in much of the world now, you're nothing special, not highly educated or highly qualified at all.

  • 1 month ago

    if there is any such pathway, it would have to be in a field of study where labor is in short supply in Canada. Arguably, that may be some medical fields but few others. Afaik, official sources deny that this is possible.

    • ibu guru
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

      NO chance at all. Bachelor's degree is not enough to qualify to begin with.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Student visas do not give you access to migrate

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.