Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 4 weeks ago

HELP, SUPER URGENT!!! I accidentally just mixed ammonia and bleach.?

I poured both onto a pillow (in the washer) that my little brother peed on without really thinking about it! Once I realized what I had done i immediately slammed the washer shut and started it thinking maybe the water will dilute the reaction?! Did I possibly endanger my family? Should we get out or will we be fine?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • alan P
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    If you poured neat bleach onto a pillow it might damage it. Ammonia dissolves very easily in water. Once you have been through the wash there will be no harmful residues.

  • Joe
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    The water will dilute everything.

    The toxins that are produced from mixing ammonia and bleach are not "stealthy".  If they are at dangerous levels, you will know it, and you'll get out of there, fast.

    If your laundry room has a window, you might want to open it for a while.

    Don't panic; this was a mistake, but not a catastrophe.

  • 4 weeks ago

    the water will dilute whatever is left after the reaction, yes

  • Tavy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

    Get out of here ???for God's sake just switch on the washer, it will wash out.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.