my brother has a electric pole in his yard im buiding about 100 ft from that pole.cani come off of that pole are do i need another pole?

3 Answers

  • 4 weeks ago

    Power company would have to do that, but yea, unless the pole also services several other homes. a limit to that number.

  • bond
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Most likely yes no problem. But only the local electric company can answer that. Also, for residential feeds the electric does not require an easement in most areas.

  • 1 month ago

    Where I live 100ft. from a pole is not a problem. But it is up to the design policies of your local utility.

    If you're building on an adjacent lot you would likely need to secure an easement from your brother for the power to cross his property to feed yours.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.