Are there any cities in the UK where you would hate to live? Which one(s) and why?

Best Answer

Almost all of them - noisy, polluted, too much crime. After a lifetime living in London I have retired to a small country town in Shropshire, where I am surrounded by friendly people and beautiful countryside

• dj

All except St Davids City Wales

• David

Almost all UK towns and cities have been infested with malefactors who go about their nefarious business with impunity due to decades of pathetically weak governments who have tipped the scales of justice in favour of criminals instead of making the wellbeing of decent citizens it's highest priority.

• Katie

ALL of them - in a perfect world I would NEVER go into a city/town.

• Ludwig

Oh yes! All the ones in Scotland.

• Maxi

All and any of them........... I am not a city dweller

Apart from the fact that I don't DO 'cities', I'd not live in London today, or towns like Luton, or Slough, or most of the London-area towns. But again it depends on in what area in these places.......

• carrie

I was born and spent my early years in London, but have moved as far away as I could, I wouldn't live there now for all the tea in China :).

Any of the towns that make up the post-industrial favelas that are known as Teesside. Although not strictly cities Middlesbrough, Stockton-On-Tees and other towns in the area are well worth mentioning.

The UK taxpayer has paid handsomely for Trident,  it's about we had an armed live test fire and used Middlesbrough  as the target.

Hull

Obviously, in any town or city you are going to get a mixture pf people - some OK, some scum

Hull had the highest ratio of scummy people anywhere I have been