NPG Starlett asked in PetsCats · 1 month ago

What is the life expectancy of tuxedo and tabby cats?

Yeah, I'm kinda asking two questions here.

My tuxedo cat is 15 years old, and my tabby girl is 22 years old.

I guess because we looked after them so well, they've managed to reach these ages. I want them to keep living and be healthy.

So two questions:

1. What is the life expectancy of a tuxedo cat?

2. What is the life expectancy of a tabby cat?

• Ocimom

First of all - congrats for taking care of your cats to live a long time.

Tabby cats are NOT a beed of cats and neither is a "tuxedo" cat. They are color patterns or coat patterns on a cat whether its a domestic or a purebred cat.

But to answer the question. Any cat that is well taken care of, spayed/neutered, kept inside or has an enclosure to sit outside but be safe, good food, vet care, etc. can live to your cat's ages. The average cat lives about mid teens if it has the above.

Reported for Spam. How many times are you going to ask this?

• I don't recall asking this question before. I believe this is the first time I've asked this question. How is this spam - I'm asking a genuine, sensible question and want answers, not reactions.

• J C

They are domestic short hairs - you are referring to their coat color, that is not their breed. The average domestic short hair who is kept indoors and properly vetted has an average lifespan of around 14. The 22 year old is a real exception - sort of like the human who lives to be 100. Good for you for taking such good care of your cats!

Coat colour has nothing to do with life expectancy.

Tabby cats are miniature lions, so about forty years.

A tuxie or tabby aren’t a unique breed or species so there’s no specific age guidelines. Both would be considered seniors. Some cats can live to late 20’s to early 30’s but it’s unusual.