Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceOther - Social Science · 1 month ago

I'm too dependent.?

I am too dependent on my other half.

Whenever I'm not with them I feel nothing but loneliness and anxiety and as much as I'd like to stop these horrible thoughts I can't.

I try to calm myself with self-care and hobbies that I tend to enjoy but unfortunately, the thoughts always linger in my head.

My heart constantly feels heavy like a weight is on my chest when they aren't around and at this point, I am tired of it.

I'm extremely ashamed of this and I never thought this would be how I spend my high school life (junior).

I want to know how to change this and idk, what to do.

THIS WILL NOT LAST FOREVER! You're young, you'll grow out of these feelings over the next year or so as you learn and develop your sense of self. My brother killed himself when his girlfriend broke up with him because he didn't understand this. 16 years later sooooo much changes I wish he had someone that could explain how those feelings go away. It's sucks, and it's a struggle, but you grow out of it. Just be nice to people, it'll help you more than you think

• Henry

Other half, what does that mean.

Google "intrusive thoughts", see if that makes any sense to you.