Jessica asked in HealthWomen's Health · 1 month ago

Anal sex, BV risk?

TMI, sorry!! So in the heat of the moment me and my husband engaged in anal sex... he ejaculated in me and when I stood up it ran out toward my vaginal area. I went to the bathroom to clean up and it was definitely all over my vagina, the scent wasn’t very pleasant, after sex I usually wash up with organic apple cider vinegar in warm water and pour it over my vagina and it always prevents any unpleasant smells the next day and prevents UTI’s (which I used to get sometimes after sex) so I poured the diluted vinegar all over my areas and washed up. I have a prescription of metronidazole pills on hand - just wondering if it’s necessary to use them to prevent BV or should I be fine- thanks’ sorry for the gross details again

• Marla

I doubt that you would need an antibiotic in the absence of symptoms of infection. It does not seem that you got exposed to that much fluid from the anus to justify it.

Dont take a strong antibiotic for something you dont have yet, as you can develop quite a resistance. BV is not from anal contamination, its a change in your own vaginal flora  to several different species, not a lactobaccilus.  Any infection you got from anal would be an infection by fecal bacteria like E coli, which also causes your UTIs, it would not be BV.