Shaved ice machine?

I’m looking for something that may or may not exist, what I’m wanting is a shaved ice machine that you can put water into, it then freezes and then you can grind it and make shaved ice. Does such a thing exist or should I just get a regular shaved ice maker and use ice cubes? If it does exist can you give me a link so I can see prices?

Best Answer

I don't think one would exist. Even commercial shaved ice places use cube crushers. I dont think a machine that made the ice first would be practical, especially for commercial use as it wouldn't be able to freeze ice fast enough to keep up. I worked at a stand and we were going through two or three 20 pound bags an hour.

• Sentry-71 month agoReport

Makes sense, I had a feeling it would be like that, but it doesn’t hurt to ask, thanks

Go to Amazon.com and search for "Ice Shaver" to find all different types of ice shaving machines, some more complicated than others.

I had a nostalgic moment when I saw the simple iron shaver shaped like a carpenters plane that my Dad always used to make snow cones (see link below).  He would fill a metal ice cube tray with water and freeze it, then empty the ice block onto a kitchen towel.  Then he just ran the shaver across the frozen block a few times and had instant shaved ice!