Shaved ice machine?

I’m looking for something that may or may not exist, what I’m wanting is a shaved ice machine that you can put water into, it then freezes and then you can grind it and make shaved ice. Does such a thing exist or should I just get a regular shaved ice maker and use ice cubes? If it does exist can you give me a link so I can see prices?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

I don't think one would exist. Even commercial shaved ice places use cube crushers. I dont think a machine that made the ice first would be practical, especially for commercial use as it wouldn't be able to freeze ice fast enough to keep up. I worked at a stand and we were going through two or three 20 pound bags an hour.

• Sentry-71 month agoReport

Makes sense, I had a feeling it would be like that, but it doesn’t hurt to ask, thanks

• 1 month ago

Go to Amazon.com and search for "Ice Shaver" to find all different types of ice shaving machines, some more complicated than others.

I had a nostalgic moment when I saw the simple iron shaver shaped like a carpenters plane that my Dad always used to make snow cones (see link below).  He would fill a metal ice cube tray with water and freeze it, then empty the ice block onto a kitchen towel.  Then he just ran the shaver across the frozen block a few times and had instant shaved ice!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.