takkk asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Native English speakers: The difference between (a) How did the job interview go? and (b) How was the job interview?

Native English speakers:

Do you feel any difference between these two? How would you answer each question if your friend asks it after you had a job interview?

(a) How did the job interview go?

(b) How was the job interview?

Thank you. I'd appreciate your feedback.

Best Answer

the first one is asking if you think you did well in the interview or not and the second one is asking what it was like in the job interview.

To me at least it's pretty much the same thing. I guess the only difference is that (to me) the first one seems a little more professional. Like the first one is asking how did it go from a strictly factual standpoint (like what happened and what was said) and the second feels more personal (like how I felt about the interview, did I think it went well)

• Ramona

Either one is fine. There is no real difference, it's just a matter of how it comes out of your mouth.