Restless legs syndrome? I’ve got it bad and need advice please? ?

So I have restless legs syndrome and it has been bothering me every night this week. I’ve told my dr about it but he’s afraid to put me on anything since I take psych meds. Saying that it will hurt me if he put the two together. So I tried looking online for home remedies and even tried putting a pillow between my legs where they bother me the most at. That didn’t help neither. So I’m out of things to try and I thought that I would start a discussion on here to see if I could get any insights. My mother has it too, and so does her brother. They say on webmd that it’s hereditary but I don’t rightly know if it is or not. So if you have any ideas or website links to guide me to, I’d much appreciate it before going to bed tonight. Much thanks in advance and blessed be! 

• audrey
    Best Answer

This is gonna sound weird, but it works for me. Put a heating pad on your calves. Or what ever feels best for you. I've been doing it for years. Only way to get some sleep at all some nights.

try ica bags on the leg and area you are feeling the discomfort..GOOD LUCK ---seems it draws the attention away from the miserableness of restless legs..

• Tavy

Quinine is supposed to help and bananas for potassium.

It seems to be in connection with a gluten sensitivity.

https://www.sott.net/article/245929-Restless-Leg-S...

Exercising your legs! It helps a lot, walking or an elyptical, there also is medications for it but walking is the best thing I did, it made it go away so I could sleep at night

• Olive

Over the years when got restless legs had family n friends n others tell me its cause low on potassium and if eat bananas it can help get rid of it. And it seems to help every time, just hopefully you have them on hand when do