Can someone be gay or lesbian by choice?

Best Answer

Probably not in the true sense. They can chose to perform homosexual acts and not actually be homosexual. (It's called acting). But I believe someone who is truly gay didn't wake up one day and say, "You know what? I think I'm going to be gay." I believe most were born gay, and it wasn't a choice.

Gay and lesbians aren't gay by choice

However straight women can be gay by choice

• reme_1

THe choice is whether you act on your feelings or not. You can be gay/lesbian and never have gay sex. How lonely would that be?!!!!

Apparently not. But you can choose to have sex or not.

No they do not.

But a bisexual person could choose to only explore say his same sex interest and so to people looking on appear to have chosen his sexuality. Where as if he choose to only seek opposite sex interest, people would just accept that, no one would be saying he choose to be straight.

Yes. Transgenders force themselves to be gay because it fits with their fantasy.

Yes. Lesbian separatism often involves the choice only to have sex with other women.

• You only choose whether or not you act on being gay or lesbian.

Yes. Someone can have the choice to be part of any lifestyle even outside the LGBT.

Nobody chooses their sexual orientation.