How do I get my coworker to stop texting me so much?

It's 4AM where I am and I just received a text from my coworker. On a Sunday. She's relentless with her texting! I regret giving her my number. She texts me non-stop and when I take a while to respond she keeps blowing up my phone with texts. And she's still texting me past 4! I'm not responding at this time. I now have 12 unread messages from her and counting. She texts me all day every day, I sometimes wonder if she sleeps, apparently she does. Most of the texts are about this guy at work that she has a crush on and at first it was interesting and I played along but now I feel suffocated! She can't stop talking about him and the poor guy's oblivious about her obsession with him. She told me she's going to ask him for his number and I honestly hope he doesn't give it because she'll blow up his phone next. The texts aren't all about him, they're about other personal and work related things too but I don't care to receive them. I know that sounds horrible of me but I'm so fed up with her bombarding me with texts. I wouldn't mind if it was only a few short texts every now and then about work. 

How do I get her to stop texting me so much without being rude? I still have to see her at work so it's not like I can just ignore her.

She’s definitely the type of lady to have her phone in her hands at all times. My suggestion is to tell her in person to calm down on the texts. From my perspective, it looks like she feels comfortable texting you which is why she brings up the personal stuff and doesn’t stop. 

Tell her to minimize her texting to your number and you want to maintain professional boundaries with her.

• Mike

Tell her directly PLEASE DO NOT TEXT ME at 4 in morning or I will have to block you. One warning. If she continues, BLOCK HER, and the next time you see her TELL HER WHY you blocked her.

• Amy

Text her back "It's 4am, please stop texting me."

When she does it again, reply "I have to block you in order to sleep" and block her.

You can disable texting entirely at your carrier's website. Then the sender gets a message saying that his texts are not being delivered. It is the only way to get a bounce that the sender sees.

Texting is the rudest, most intrusive form of electronic communication ever invented. It is also very vulnerable to hacking because there is no header. You cannot verify the sender. Even my dog can spoof a text message sender.

In future never give your cellphone number to anyone other than immediate family. Everyone else should be told you do not have one. That especially applies to banks. If you do not have a landline, get a Google Voice number and give that out.

Block her number. You won't regret it.

• I think you should have an in person chat with her about how much she's texting you, and ask her to reduce her texting specially in the middle of the night when you're trying to sleep. If she doesn't reduce the texting then block her.

Say or text............ PLEASE STOP TEXTING ME.

• D J

Block your co-worker. You are co-workers not friends. You work to earn money not to make friends. You could also set your cell phone to go into do not disturb mode when you need sleep.

Funny how she is being rude to you but you are worried about being rude to her???