Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 1 month ago

The last time I ate in a diner I saw hair in my food, but I don't give a bad review because it might close down and have job losses, agree?

how do you know it wasn't your own??

AND no it probably wouldn't close down but what you COULD have done was report it, quietly, to your waitress and get a replacement meal.

• denise

You should have told the staff at the diner, then they would have apologised and given you a fresh plate / meal, then they could investigate the issue.

People get way too uppity about their food. I think I figured out why food service people are so nasty and will eat almost anything; because they know what happens to food. If you have any notion that your food wasn't sneezed on, rolled all over the floor, someone sat on the boxes, they cross contaminated knives and cutting boards, all kinds of hair, skin, and bugs are in it, etc etc et, then you are delusional. And most of this is in fact passing official health standards. There's a document that dictates 'up to 5 flies or fly parts per 1 gallon..." etc.

You're right, it would cause trouble for really nothing. If you personally truly feel upset about it (when you were still at the table) you can report it to the server and most likely get it free plus other things for free like wine! Nobody wants to have served something with a hair as the cook or the front of house. While life happens, there's no purposefully spitting or anything in any decent place. But if you go Yelp it or something like that, yes you run the risk of ruining people's lives at least for a while over, like I said, something that's not a huge deal.

• patty

u should have told them and they would have made you another, they don't have ESP

Yeah, that's great. Now everyone who eats there can get a little something extra with their order. There's a reason food inspectors require hair nets.

• Clive

Then what's the point of reviews?

I have worked in food service for 20 years. Unfortunately, things like this do happen, though rarely. If it happens to you, please notify the manager and I guarantee they will compensate your meal unless they r the worst people ever. Please don't give a restaurant a bad review for one person's mistake. If the manager is rude an unwilling to make things right then it is time to give the bad review. Though be fair and honest in reviewing it.

• Lujk

the last time i ate at burger king i discovered that an employee posted a picture of his feet in a plastic bin of letteuce. i threw up and shut down the place as i am a billionare