how do you read book without getting bored and falling asleep please give me serious educational advice to improve my reading comprehension?

• di
    Best Answer

Text books: read opening paragraph of the chapter (it tells you what the chapter is going to tell you), read the LAST paragraph of the chapter (summarizes what the chapter told you). Then go back and read the chapter. Don't do this when you're sleepy - maybe arrange your schedule so you can do your reading in the morning? Sometimes, setting a timer for 15 to 20 minutes of reading - then, pop up & do something physical for a 10 minute break before returning to another timed session will help with focus. Look around your college campus for resources to assist you with your studies - tutorial services, etc. Good luck!

I don't know. I had the hardest time reading in HS and have never really done much for pleasure (although I have now read a few books all the way through, but I am very old).

I, too, would always fall asleep after a couple pages or every single slight noise would distract me. I was actually a little better (not much) at reading textbooks than the novels and things that were assigned.

So I guess no real advice, just that there are others like you. And by most people's standards I would be considered successful

You need to read books with more pictures, or activity pages in the story.

• martin

Read just a little at a time and then put down some notes, just reading a page or two. When you're sleepy, walk back and forth with the book, doing the same thing.

Read the first chapter of every book you find until you actually feel like reading the next chapter