Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

Doesn't illegal immigration hurt minorities the most?

If you think about it, it does. For example, blacks in the USA tend to be the most poor and low skilled (in percentage), and they are more likely to live in poor inner-city areas. Right? Most illegals are low-skilled and poor who move into places they can afford (inner-cities, for example). They're moving into black communities and competing with black people for low-skilled jobs. It drives poor black people further into poverty and causes them to join gangs, etc out of financial desperation. All while whites are living happily in wealthy suburban areas sipping champagne. Am I right or wrong?

14 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This would be why wealthier whites are less likely to see illegal migration as a problem. Jobs aren't even the biggest issue. It's the schools that are being dumbed down to accommodate non-English speakers that's really decimating poor citizen minorities.

• 1 month ago

Possibly, but they hurt every working person, rich or poor.. we are the ones who have to support them.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Quiero llegar en los Estados Unidos por trabajar

• Stan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Illegals damage a country in several way but two that spring off the page are, they don't pay taxes so they are not contributing to that country. Second, they take jobs from the poor people simply because the poor people will not work for the pittance that corrupted employers get away with paying illegals.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

This is the most ignorant thing I have ever read. Privileged whites forced minorities into ghettos an denied them proper education. In our parents lifetimes blacks and minorities did not have equal rights. Racism is rampant. Blacks are discriminated against constantly. This is an American problem that exists only in America. U need to educate yourself. Immediately. Only 40 years ago blacks didn't have access to good schools, good jobs, or good neighborhoods. Wake the **** up. Immigrants lower our costs. For example, an immigrant worker comes over and picks strawberries for less than minimum wage. Say u give that job to a us citizen. U have to pay them minimum wage and give them benefits. The cost of strawberries would skyrocket. So American farmers take advantage of immigrants by paying them less and charging the us consumer less. But people ***** that immigrants take our jobs. Ok, let's give Americans jobs nobody wants and pay 10$ a carton for strawberries. Immigrants don't come over and take our jobs. They come over and American entrepreneurs give them jobs. 

Bill said most immigrants don't work on farms. That was an example. Maybe Bill can tell me an example of an illegal coming over and taking an American job where an American citizen didn't give them that job.

• Bill
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Most immigrants that come here don't work on farms. lol

• 1 month ago

🥴 Why do you think I was upset about our failed immigration policies and started to lean more Right, before El Paso?

The poor class DOES get squashed like it did during the recession. As did the middle class.

Accepting in illegals and asylum seekers, pulls the 2 lowest classes down.

BUT... anything is better than supporting Right wing terrorism and the Trump cult.

At least, we'll be rotting together. 🤷‍♀️

• Guardian
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

🥴 Americas military would never abandone America. Even under female rule. Your irrational fear defines who you are.

• 1 month ago

No. It helps them the most, because they have the least ability to afford imported food from other countries.

Most illegals do not move into cities and compete with U.S. citizens of any race for jobs.

Instead, illegals work on farms, which actually creates more jobs for U.S. citizens, because farms can't function without any migrant workers, but the illegals give the farms the ability to stay in business and hire some U.S. citizens to be employed (if not necessarily work) along side the illegals.

Without enough immigrants, the farms wouldn't be able to produce enough food, so most food would have to be imported from other countries, which would cost more than "the most poor" can afford.

You are very, very wrong. The reason that minorities do not starve to death is because illegal immigrants produce the food that keeps them alive.

• 1 month ago

It isn't the immigrants who are hurting the minorities.

It's the bosses who aren't paying their workers (immigrant, minority or what ever) enough for a decent life.

The bosses have always played on divisions between various underclasses. "If the Irish demand decent wages, I'll hire Italians" "If the Okie farmworkers demand decent condtitions, I'll hire Mexicans" "If the blacks unionize, I'll hire illegals".

The enemy of the working folk aren't other working folk, its the bosses who will underpay everyone that they can.

• Michael E
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Candice, the answer is to dump the bosses off your back. The people who actually do the work, whose hands turn the wheels, are the ones who should get the bulk of the wealth that their hands create. (Check out the IWW for more info)

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Indeed. Democrats have already figured out how to trick minorities into agreeing with more immigration though. All you have to do is say that opposition to immigration is racist and the minorities will never notice that increasing the workforce in mass numbers lowers wages and makes minorities poorer.

• Sally
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have no idea if you're right, but if you are, why are white people the ones who are so frightened all the time?

• Candice1 month agoReport

White people do most of the supporting of all illegals.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.