Order Picker and Quotas?

I’m new to being a picker at a company like amazon and I’ve only worked one day but I absolutely suck. In four hours I only got around 230 products and my quota is 150 products per HOUR. The warehouse is so huge and the scanner can have me on first floor, 2nd section, aisle 35 then next take me to third floor, 1st section, aisle 15. I really want to stay because I know this will be great work during the holidays. But holy molly. Please someone give me tips and ways I can improve fast.

Pray to God and ask Him for the ability to succeed in your job.

• Amy

Amazon is notorious for treating its workers like ѕhit. Go work for Costco instead.

• You're not going to become fast or improve in a day or two, but you should try to pick up the pace. Give the job a few weeks or months at least and see if you start to improve on your pace. Also double check your orders to make sure you're not making any mistakes. Some times when people work too fast they tend to make mistakes. This is what happens when ware houses have quotas on lines per hour or pieces per hr. This is called a 'line driven' ware house. If you're still too slow after a few months, then they can fire you.

I pick and pack orders too, also not for Amazon. I can pick all most a thousand pieces in one day, I can complete 200 -250 orders a day when the ware house is busy. It took me a few years to get to where I'm not making a lot of mistakes while moving quickly. The ware house I work for also cares more about the quality of work that I do rather then the lines per minute I can produce. They don't push you to go faster or do more lines per minute.

If you suck that bad and don't get any better with time, I'm sure you won't be there long.

• Judy

Everyone is slow the first day.