For a trip to Japan, is the bulk of the cost going to be the flight?

• Ben
    Best Answer

It will probably be the biggest single expense, assuming you are staying in a lower priced hotel.

• RICK

Depends on how long you stay

If over 10 days then the hotel bedcomes the greatest expense

I am a Japanese.

I try to accumulate the cost based on the following assumptions.

0.Assumptions: from San Fransisco to Tokyo and Osaka, staying Japan for ten days.

1.flight-----1000 US dallars /person

2.hotel------100 US dallars /2 person *10 days =500 US dallars /person

3.meal and drink -------40 US dallars /person *10 days =400 US dallars /person

4.main transit  ---shinkansen( fromTokyo to  Osaka,round trip)   260 US dallars /person 

5. the other transits---18 US dallars /person *10 days =180 US dallars /person 

6. total------------------ 2340  US dallars /person.

You must pay more for any play tickets and souvenirs.

That depends where you're flying from and how long you stay, among other things.

Where are you visiting? As with any nation, your stay tends to be less expensive based on how far from a city you're willing to stay. If staying within city limits is a must, then you might consider a dirt cheap capsule style hotel. You won't have much in the way of space, but if all you need is a place to sleep and store your stuff, then they're perfect for the frugal visitor.

• Rodney James
      1 month agoReport

Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka is where me and my dad are thinking about going. We probably will go to Seoul, South Korea, afterwards as well.

It’s either the flight or the hotel. Some hotel rooms can be upwards of a thousand a night.

• Rodney James
      1 month agoReport

Yes, I mean hotels. These have been rare finds, but I don't believe APA Group operates any hostels.

probably and maybe the hotel too