For a trip to Japan, is the bulk of the cost going to be the flight?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Ben
    Lv 5
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

It will probably be the biggest single expense, assuming you are staying in a lower priced hotel.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends on how long you stay

If over 10 days then the hotel bedcomes the greatest expense

• 1 month ago

I am a Japanese.

I try to accumulate the cost based on the following assumptions.

0.Assumptions: from San Fransisco to Tokyo and Osaka, staying Japan for ten days.

1.flight-----1000 US dallars /person

2.hotel------100 US dallars /2 person *10 days =500 US dallars /person

3.meal and drink -------40 US dallars /person *10 days =400 US dallars /person

4.main transit  ---shinkansen( fromTokyo to  Osaka,round trip)   260 US dallars /person 

5. the other transits---18 US dallars /person *10 days =180 US dallars /person 

6. total------------------ 2340  US dallars /person.

You must pay more for any play tickets and souvenirs.

• 1 month ago

That depends where you're flying from and how long you stay, among other things.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Where are you visiting? As with any nation, your stay tends to be less expensive based on how far from a city you're willing to stay. If staying within city limits is a must, then you might consider a dirt cheap capsule style hotel. You won't have much in the way of space, but if all you need is a place to sleep and store your stuff, then they're perfect for the frugal visitor.

• Rodney James
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Tokyo, Kyoto, and Osaka is where me and my dad are thinking about going. We probably will go to Seoul, South Korea, afterwards as well.

• 1 month ago

It’s either the flight or the hotel. Some hotel rooms can be upwards of a thousand a night.

• Rodney James
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

Yes, I mean hotels. These have been rare finds, but I don't believe APA Group operates any hostels.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

probably and maybe the hotel too

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.