Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Is it a bad idea to move to Los Angeles ?

• Foofa

Unless you have to be here and can afford to live well apart from the muck that is the majority of this city...yes.

Probably not

...............................

yes because of the traffic, high cost of living and people are relentlessly rude there.

I don't want to move there. I don't care if you want to.

If I had 3 million dollars, I'd look on the coast of Southern Ca. I think that's what it takes though. A normal house built in the 50's is running nearly a million. In Santa Barbara it's possible a person could find an Ocean View (through the rooftops) home for under 2 million. And, of course, then you need money to live on. If you don't care about ever buying a house... you can earn enough to rent somewhere down there on a strict budget. Most do!

I escaped from LA 48 years ago, go down occasionally, can't imagine living anywhere but nearly on the beach where I wouldn't need a car for daily activities. It's a mixed bag.

• Cyrus

Probably not a good idea to move to California, period. That state is batsh*t crazy central.

not if you want to go

• Dick

Not if you have money and a good job.

Yes, a very bad idea unless money is no object to you.

I guess that depends on where you're moving from.  LA is a lot worse than some places, but a lot better than others.  People say nasty things about LA (I do too!) but housing prices are very high there, and that's because LOTS of people want to live there! 

• ILoveCoffee
      1 month agoReport

No, it's because of rent control and housing restrictions which limit the supply of housing. It takes several months just to get a permission to build a house, and the licensing to build often costs more than the house itself. Why would anybody want to build a house in LA.