Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Is it a bad idea to move to Los Angeles ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Unless you have to be here and can afford to live well apart from the muck that is the majority of this city...yes.

• 4 weeks ago

Probably not

• 1 month ago

yes because of the traffic, high cost of living and people are relentlessly rude there.

• 1 month ago

I don't want to move there. I don't care if you want to.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If I had 3 million dollars, I'd look on the coast of Southern Ca. I think that's what it takes though. A normal house built in the 50's is running nearly a million. In Santa Barbara it's possible a person could find an Ocean View (through the rooftops) home for under 2 million. And, of course, then you need money to live on. If you don't care about ever buying a house... you can earn enough to rent somewhere down there on a strict budget. Most do!

I escaped from LA 48 years ago, go down occasionally, can't imagine living anywhere but nearly on the beach where I wouldn't need a car for daily activities. It's a mixed bag.

• Cyrus
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Probably not a good idea to move to California, period. That state is batsh*t crazy central.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not if you want to go

• Dick
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not if you have money and a good job.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes, a very bad idea unless money is no object to you.

• 1 month ago

I guess that depends on where you're moving from.  LA is a lot worse than some places, but a lot better than others.  People say nasty things about LA (I do too!) but housing prices are very high there, and that's because LOTS of people want to live there! 

• ILoveCoffee
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

No, it's because of rent control and housing restrictions which limit the supply of housing. It takes several months just to get a permission to build a house, and the licensing to build often costs more than the house itself. Why would anybody want to build a house in LA.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.