Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceRenting & Real Estate · 1 month ago

Will you hear back after putting an application for an apartment even if you’re denied? ?

If the landlord is running things properly & professionally you will. Unfortunately not all do. It is not legally required.

No, they don't have to.

• Maxi

Depends on the landlord/letting agent.......

Probably. They may have to by mail. By law I mean. I know for credit you do.

• edward

I had applied once before and they told me that they had just filled up and then they gave me suggestions for a more expensive apartment block. I wasn’t interested in moving in, i just wanted to know what would happen

You should hear back but sometimes the landlord gets lazy. Definitely ask them when you will hear back when you put in the application and then call after a few days regardless if they don't get back to you. If they are squarely on the fence then that extra call can make the difference but don't call to much or you'll annoy them possibly killing your chances, not helping them.

you might, especially if you call and ask them

• Judy

night or might not, even if they say they'll let you know either way.

• martin

If the denial specifically says that you'll hear again, if an apartment comes available and you qualify, then you can hope to hear back, and should call periodically if you really love the apartments.

Not necessarily