:) asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

if i print pictures off online but dont do anything with them but glue them into my diaries am i gonna get in trouble because of copyright?

i wanted to decorate my diaries with pictures because i dont like writing in something plain i wanted to decorate it and make it look cool and decorative but am afraid if i do it i would get in trouble because they are copyrighted pictures from online even though i am just using them as decorations so will i get in trouble

• C

That's fine. Copyright is all about preventing others from profiting from a person's work. Nobody is going to bother with someone printing pictures to paste into their private diary. Back before the net was so ubiquitous I used to photocopy pictures to cut out and do the same :) Carry on with no worries.

No, that is not a copyright issue.

Copyrights don't apply to the internet. Whenever someone knowingly puts their intellectual property on the internet, they do so knowing that it is impossible to control it anymore. It's like trying to get pee out of a pool.

• Nosehair
      1 month agoReport

Coyright law absolutely applys to the internet. The difficulty in enforcing it is obvious but saying the copyright laws does not apply to the internet is completely wrong.