Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

Why are people still against marijuana?

I live in Illinois and marijuana has been legalized and is going into effect in January 2020. Some suburbs are rallying against which I don’t know why people are against marijuana. Like smoking weed is no worse than drinking alcohol. People still think of Marijuana like it’s in the same class as cocaine, heroin, meth and opioids. But marijuana doesn’t really do any harm, it doesn’t even have the physical effects on organs that other drugs have. Marijuana is a drug but in my opinion it’s a soft drug. It’s safer than over the counter pain medication. Just cuz it’s legal in Illinois doesn’t mean everybody has to smoke it, but the people who want to smoke or use it will have the right. This marijuana prohibition is just like the alcohol prohibition in the early 1900s. Me personally I’d rather have family member who’s a pothead than them be an alcoholic or a crackhead or meth head. In fact I have a lot of family members and friends who smoke weed on the normal basis, I smoke on occasion. Marijuana isn’t that bad, there’s worse things that are already legal.

Because the govt continues to put out false info to get conservative votes

Because it's unhealthy.

When I pass by someone who smokes marijuana. it makes me nauseous. The smell is awful. You can also get cancer from it. Anything smokable can give you cancer. Not right away. Later in life. But if someone wants to smoke it,I don't care, just don't do it near me.

Because it makes people forgetful, smelly losers!

• edward

A lot of people don’t work in the hospital i work in. There are no laws regulating it. Since it became legal in Canada there have been more meth cases coming in than i’ve ever seen in the past few years. Especially with the kids, it’s sickening. It impairs judgement the same way it did before. Alcohol is regulated, that’s why it’s legal

probably cause it leads to other drugs

• atomic fireball
      1 month agoReport

Actually, it doesn’t. Big Pharma drugs tend to act that way though. The clever doctors have to Keep giving you more and more drugs to counteract the side effects of the ones they gave you before. Pretty soon you’ll be like most Americans taking 5 to 10 prescription drugs a day. How wonderful

Big Pharma isn’t thrilled with the idea that there are components in a plant like marijuana that in its natural state cannot be patented, but seems to hold the answer to many illnesses and chronic diseases that its neurotoxic and highly profitable drugs have failed to adequately address. Our bodies were apparently designed to interface with this plant that has been around as long as we have via our endogenous cannabinoid receptors distributed throughout the human body/brain. The cognitive dissonance you experience with the inability to find a logical explanation for the demonization of a very beneficial and life-giving plant is understandable. The explanation is usually found at the end of the money trail. Money and politics. The pharmaceutical industry here is very powerful and jealous of its economic control over mainstream medical treatment, which is why it contributes plenty of money to legislators’ election and reelection campaigns to stifle the competition by influencing laws.

You aren't really asking a question there. Not that I disagree with you, but this is just an opinion.

people are against all kinds of things--alcohol, pink hair, pre martital sex, you name it. They have their ideas, misconceptions, bias, own baggage, all kinds of reasons why.

• Mog

Because of the last 90 years of false propaganda