Can i have 2 apt leases?

Hey everyone im interested in moving into a tax credit building. I have already done the application but when they faxed over proof of residency to my current apt they said everything is good but im currently on a 12-month lease. My question is will that disqualify me? I can brake the lease with 1 months rent and i have done that now but after they already sent this fax... They said because its tax credit building they can't resend it but she's new and I would have to check with the supervisor. She stated she don't know if that would be a problem or not. What do you guys think. After words i also took papers stating i was ok to leave because i paid. I have to wait until monday any help.

If you have disposable income to pay the $1375 lease break fee then that will effect qualifying for the low income tax credit apartment.

It sounds like the staff is very green & does not know what the hell she is doing. I have worked tax credit properties & there is no reason she cannot send it again. That girl needs more training before being left alone in the office!

YES breaking a lease can be a problem even if it was not a tax credit property.

what country? what state?

section 8 is US, are you in the US? an no US section 8 doesn't expect that you are currently living in your own apartment..if you were doing that you wouldn't need section 8

• That is not true... I could be on the lease with my mom and we could be sharing a one-bedroom

Sure, if you have the income to support paying two leases. It would make more sense for you to buy a house or condo instead of paying someone else's mortgage.

No law prevents it.

• Ramona

Did you fill out an application for section 8 and after 2 years later you got the voucher and have now, applied at an apartment building to move in?

No, It will not disqualify you. Section 8 or section 42 expect that you would be currently living in an apartment already.

When you do receive the section 8 voucher, you have 60 days to use it. That is plenty of time to relinquish your current apartment (seeing how you can break a 12-month apartment lease in one month's time) to move into your new apartment.

Can you afford to pay two rents ? ?

• No i was braking 1 lease its just $1375 which i just paid yesterday, but the new apts had already faxed over paper and they stated i was currently on a 12 month lease. Will this effect me getting approved? I then took over proof that i was ok to leave but idk what will happen