any way to only use the speakers from the fender passport?

I own a fender passport 069-1002 but I have this recurring issue where it clips at very low volumes and the protect light above the power light switches on as the speaker cuts out and then reboots 2 seconds later. the speaker with the hub can be very loud for about 5 seconds after switching on the hub but then begins to clip. I am running my Behringer V-Amp pro into some pedals and then into the hub through 6.35mm cable and then into one speaker. I can bypass the hub as it is the thing making the problem but if I plug my amp strait into the speaker the volume is even lower. is there any way for me to get more volume from after the amp and before the signal goes into the speaker?

No, you can't do anything to make that amplifier 

drive the speakers to a higher volume. 

An audio repair technician can, though. 

Figure on spending $40 to $90 to get it working right.  

• Elliot1 month agoReport

What about using a power amplifier? Would that work?

It sounds like the Fender "hub" or mixer/amp is bad. My first question would be did it EVER work when hooked up the exact same way? If yes then the Fender mixer/amp is probably gone bad. If no then you may be overdriving the Fender. Make sure you are connecting the pedal output to a single line level input on the Fender. Yes you can use the Fender speakers alone but you will still need to buy another amp or mixer/amp.

• Elliot1 month agoReport

It’s always been this way for me but it has been sitting in a garage for probably 10 years until recently. Is there any device like a guitar pedal that can boost the volume into the speaker by itself? Or will I have to buy a new speaker cab completely?

Clipping is the result of overdriving and introduces distortion and harmonics.

The power amplifier has to handle at least 20% more of the signal or it overheats.

Not really indifferent with speakers, there is a limit as to their response and ability to reproduce sound. Speakers have a dynamic range, trying to force them outside of this envelope consumes wasted power in the coil causing heat.

The term 'watts' has been so misinterpreted it is meaningless today, usually just inflated numbers for sales gimmicks.

Take the old Fender twin, vacuum tube, max input 100 watts. It will deliver just over 50 watts to the twin 12 inch speakers engineered for the amp.

Enough audio acoustic pressure to take the roof off an average stadium.

The speaker power handling has to take ALL of the audio, distortion, and harmonics at the RMS level, Quality, a function of its dynamic range.

Don't even expect 500 watts out of this amp, that is the max peak possible power at the supply INPUT to the final amplifier.

Something in your chain is overdriving the next link down the chain.

• daniel g
      1 month agoReport

If your amp itself is in working order, the problem is at the input or before.

.................