promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 8 months ago

What NFL rules would you change (or propose to change) if you were commissioner?

I would:

Ban players suspended for performance enhancing drugs from playing in the playoffs. (Major League Baseball has a similar policy)

Take away draft picks from teams who have multiple players suspended for personal conduct or drug policy violations. (This was considered in the past but never materialized)

Eliminate London games.

Reduce Thursday night games so that teams playing on Thursday night have a bye week the previous week. Some games would be shifted to Saturday in December after college season is over.

Use the postseason overtime format in the regular season and eliminate overtime in the preseason.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago
    Favorite Answer

1) All teams must be forced to buy the stadiums they use: no more taxpayer funding.

2) No more Thursday games, except Thanksgiving.

3) All teams must bring back the uniforms they wore during the 1960s or 70s.

4) Any player who "protests" anything must write a two-page essay justifying it.

5) Officiating crews get fired after three blatantly-blown calls.

6) No team shall ever be allowed to move again...EVER.

7) Miami and Tampa Bay must play more home-games in November and December.

8) Any fan accusing a winning team of "cheating" must provide irrefutable, documented evidence that would hold up in court, or be banned for life.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 8 months ago

The #1 pick should go to teams that barely miss the playoffs and teams that are legitimately bad or intentionally tanking should get draft picks taken away.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Use of banned/illegal substances a lifetime ban

Any domestic abuse lifetime ban

• Sathi
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Pass interference is a 15-yd. penalty regardless of how far the pass was thrown.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

I would allow replay review of personal fouls and excessive roughness penalties.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

I'd remove divisions, each team just plays every team in their Conference once and the top 6 by rank get to the playoffs.

Or at the very least I'd shuffle the divisions around to make things more interesting.

I'd also change most of the retarded rules, it'd be a whole different game, it would be faster, way more entertaining, much more new strategies and play styles, way more fun for everyone involved and way more competitive.

• KaleyK
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

They need a program that reduces penalties. Illegal formation .... illegal procedure ..... illegal motion .... that petty stuff slows down and ruins the game. Find a better solution! And stop treating the quarterback like he is made of glass. Pretty soon the penalty will be "breathing in the direction of the quarterback without mouth wash, 15 yards".

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.