Prescription, pain medication ?

My grandma get a script for her cancer and they are the 30mg of oxycodone and the are light blue small round with a M stamp. this last script she got the pills were dark blue pills same stamps and the M on the front. She has never seen these before and neither have I, so I was just wondering if these are same and safe to take. I just don't want anyone to have switched out the meds and given her something else. She really can't see well so.. Just being safe and curious. 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • poldi2
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

The best solution is to talk to the pharmacist that filled the prescription.

• 1 month ago

Call the pharmacy and ask why it looks different.

• 1 month ago

Too bad the pharmacy didn't tell you about the change. You can always call the poison control center and ask. They cover a lot of things in our world.

Source(s): Nurse
  • 1 month ago

It is the same exact medication, just a different manufacturer. She can safely take them, even though the color and shape may be different.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • TedEx
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The difference is, they were made by a different manufacturer. Though they are different in color and./or shape, they are the same thing.

Take a hard look at the label, it should indicate the manufacturer

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Always good to be cautious. Different manufacturers may make the same drug with different coloring. Bring the tablets back to the pharmacy and ask them to be sure that they dispensed the correct drugs for your grandmother.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.