My head is itching? Nobody knows what’s wrong with me? ?

My entire head has been itching really bad for the past two weeks and it’s only getting worse. I even went to the doctors and he checked head, no lice. He said it was just allergic reaction. I switched back to my old shampoo and it’s still bad. Not dry scalp, I don’t have dandruff. What could it be? I also have bumps all over head

Vitamin deficiencies, particularly with Vitamin A, C, & D.

And if it's something causing an allergic reaction, you should get a non-drowsy anti-histamine like Allegra, Claritin or Zyrtec, and see if that helps.

If you live in an area where the water is highly chlorinated, or has hard water, perhaps get a shower filter.

Itching aka as Pruritus

This may be caused by a skin disease or by a systemic disease.( a disease that effects the body generally).

Skin conditions that cause severe itching include infestation with parasites(scabies, pediculosis), insect bites, hives, atopic dermatitis, and allergic and contact dermatitis. Often, contact with wool, or irritants such as, solvents or cosmetics cause itching and some medications.

Systemic diseases that can cause itching include liver disease (especially jaundice), kidney failure, lymphomas, leukemia and other blood disorders.

There are many many things to cause itching

Hair removing chemicals, shampoos, hair dyes, hair treatments ,perms so on and so on..

Drugs that get into the skin,, penicillin, sulfonamides, neomycin, antihistamines, antiseptics or stabilizers,

Chemicals used in clothing tanning agents, rubber accelerators, antioxidents, under garments.

• k w

I used to itch, til I installed a shower filter, it scrubbed the offending chlorine out of the water. I no longer itch ! just another reason to filter your drinking/cooking water as well.

maybe you should go see another doctor and get another opinion

Go back to your doctor as advised.

But if you don't want to do that then:

Take some Benadryl ( diphenhydramine ) tablets at the correct dosage for your body weight. Be mindful of any listed side effects if driving.

Try to identify what changed in your diet and/or environment two weeks ago. Eliminate the culprit if you can pinpoint one.

If this is a long term problem you may benefit from taking some high strength Aloe Vera tablets for about a month. They have a systemic anti-inflammatory effect.

If none of your self-help attempts have shown any success after a few weeks then you really must go back to your doctor and say that nothing has improved.

I agree with your doctor. You might have to wait a while for the allergic reaction to abate, though two weeks does seem a long time. The bumps occur with an allergic reaction, that's normal. Your doctor should have prescribed antihistamines for you to take. Call the doctor's office, say you visited a couple weeks back and was diagnosed with an allergy and you're still itching and could he prescribe antihistamines and can you pick up from reception when the script ready.