Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleSkin & BodyTattoos · 1 month ago

Why do people think they are unique for having a tattoo if most people have one?

Best Answer

People with tattoos aren;t the clearest thinkers.

That’s not what it’s about

We don't do it to be unique we do it because it means something to us personally. get with the times, grandpa this ain't the 50s! XD

• LM440

Of course having a tattoo today is far from unique. However, tattoos allow for a person to make unique selections for a tattoo. If you find a special tattoo for yourself and it makes you happy, that is what makes it unique.

It's unique to them I guess

I don't think that "most people" have a tattoo. If you do think so, where did you get your statistics?

cause they think theyre the only ones that have one

People can be blind to irony.

Listen to what the audience are singing back to the band...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y76ilaVZ5FM

Youtube thumbnail

A lot of people design their own tattoos.  How more individual and unique can you get?

I knew a guy from Samoa, a big scary-looking guy but really a cupcake.  His arms were covered with tattoos, and he explained that in Samoa, when a relative dies, you get a tattoo to commemorate  him/her.  He could give you a tour--This is my uncle, this is my brother, this is my grandmother, etc. etc.  He had no tattoos on his chest or legs or back because, he explained, they wouldn't show!  He showed me the design he'd done for a recently-deceased uncle, and asked for a critique.  He ended up leaving his good-paying job in Silicon Valley to go back to Samoa to take care of his aged parents!

I would never have a tattoo because my tastes might change, something I thought was great when I was 20 might look stupid at 50.  But friends with tattoos told me that's part of the charm.  You can look back at 50 to what you were like at 20.

You can express your individuality through clothes, but a lot of people do that.  Or by dying your hair purple, but a lot of people do that!  Any way you can think of to be different, none of them are new, but everyone who does them do them differently so that expresses their individuality.