Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysHalloween · 1 month ago

How come child molestations don't go up on Halloween (See details)?

Don't get me wrong, Im very glad it doesn't happen, Im just curious.

Because child molesters generally take any opportunity that comes their way, and Halloween night brings such opportunities straight to their front door.

Not every trick or treater has their parents with them. It is not uncommon for kids at the older end of the trick or treating spectrum, such a the 9-12 range, to go out in groups with no adult chaperone.

I get several such groups at my house every year, and some such "groups" are as small as 2 kids. That's a company, not a crowd.

As far as knowing they are sure to be caught if they do the offense right there at their own house, I don't know why that would deter such an offender.

If most predators molest kids they know, again, that's due to opportunity, just like Halloween night is an opportunity, then those predators are also doing it in a way that makes them almost certain to get caught.

Some states do have laws requiring registered sex offenders to turn off their porch lights and not answer the door on Halloween night, but that's no guarantee.

Even if checking up on those homes is the police departments first priority on Halloween, despite a drastic increase in loud parties, drug use and DUIs that night, then that regulation still only has to do with convicted offenders.

What about the child molesters who haven't been caught yet?

Thankfully, predators do not seem to be using this night to their advantage, but what do you think is stopping them?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Sarah
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Bad people are usually not going to just do evil things for fun (and people who do are crazy and belong in mental institutions). Usually they are targeting one particular person/place with some kind of motive and they don't want to be in trouble. Kids from the neighborhood and over town will be with adults (and police are often nearby), so they will easily get caught molesting kids or doing any form of crime.

• 1 month ago

its probably cause the kids are traveling in groups

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because most child molesters work to gain the child's trust first. They become a friend and many times they become a friend of the family too. They want the trust of the child and the child's parents so they have more access to a child. What you are talking about is more of a kidnapping or something. Real actual child pedos want to create a relationship with the child.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's harder to identify people when they're wearing masks.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Known paedophiles are forbidden to open their doors, must stay home or attend required meetings.

They have to keep the lights off, etc.

Police check up on them.

As to the unknown, well they are usually partners to ones caught. So they stay quiet and low to not be taken themselves. They usually work playgrounds, and pay parents anyway. Why risk their den...

• Duncan1 month agoReport

And what about the child molesters who haven't been caught yet?

• 1 month ago

Because child molesters don't generally take any opportunity that comes their way.

The reason most predators molest kids they know is not due to opportunity. It is probably because it takes them time to develop an attraction to a child and decide what things they want to do to that child. They also have a need to delude themselves into thinking the child wants it, and that takes time too. Finally, they want children whom they can manipulate in a way that they can't someone who will never see them again.

• 1 month ago

Adults would be accompanying the children. (That is if the parents weren't useless morons.) Makes me laugh to think they put that much effort into watching the children that one night of the year yet probably don't understand the internet as much as their own children do. The internet can be far darker than the darkest nights of Halloween. Halloween is a child's version of scary yet most probably talked to a real monster without even knowing it. That just because the parents don't have a clue how to protect their children online. They probably don't even have the brainwave. Children have their ignorance and stupidity taken advantage of and get lured in. It's one thing to be watching your child in the real world but if you don't watch them in the cyber one it makes little difference. Pedophiles don't just hang around waiting in public. They wait around in chat rooms online.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

probably cause its hard to do that to a kid if theyre coming in groups

So you're arguing that no child molester ever commits the illegal act if there is more than one child present? I'm pretty sure they'd be more worried about an adult chaperone. Having multiple gullible kids there would just be a bonus to these sick wastes of space.

• 1 month ago

Because kids are always in a group, or accompanied by an adult.

Besides, I often see trick or treaters in pairs, and occasionally one whose solo.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.