Does the trinity make sense to you?

82 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

It does not make sense to a sane person, so no.

• Donald
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

also 31,000 points in 10 months? you sure troll a lot. do any of points help sane people? (doubtful)

• 1 month ago

GOD can do what HE pleases when and how,if any one does not understand that they do no know who GOD IS.

• 1 month ago

SURE, Only when i' am really drunk..

• 1 month ago

Not at first, but then I learned how the God of the Bible can be known in personal experience - that a loving Personality dominates the Bible. That was the key that unlocked the problem of this, the deepest doctrine in Christianity.

The more the Christian focuses on Christ and strives to obey Him, the more an inward revelation of the Godhead develops. This is because Jesus said that if we love Him, we will obey Him, and the Father will love us (because we love the Son). "Jesus answered and said unto him, 'If a man loves me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you forever, even the Spirit of truth whom the world cannot receive because it sees him not, nor knows him. But you know him for he dwells with you and shall be in you." (John 14:23 & 16-17)

See how all three personalities within the Godhead are involved in this intimate union? It starts with love for Christ that makes the believer obey Christ. That, in turn, has the Father loving the believer, and then the Holy Spirit comes within, and that's how both the Father and Christ abide in the believer - through the indwelling Holy Spirit.

Sad to say, those who disparage the Holy Spirit as a mere commodity like electricity, that can be obtained with more effort - and those who refuse to honor the Son just as they honor the Father (John 5:23) - will never have that indwelling of the Holy Spirit. They are always the ones to ridicule the Trinity doctrine.

In Christ and by Christ, God effects self-disclosure. showing something of His complex Being to faith and love. Faith is an organ of knowledge, and love is an organ of experience. God came to us in the incarnation: in atonement He reconciled us to Himself, and by faith and love we enter and lay hold on Him. Love and faith are at home in the mystery of the Godhead. In eternity, we will get a much clearer apprehension.

• Annsan_In_Him
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

River E - never mind my answer. Try picking up a Bible and read for yourself the sections I refer to. Don't take my word for anything. Check out the source.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

No it doesn't make sense at all. And whoever believes in such doctrine is following a false Jesus. Matthew 7:21-23

• Al
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I think the teaching of the trinity was a man made idea because Jesus never mentions the word TRINITY, he only mentions God and the Holy Spirit in the sense of Oneness.... and if you've ever read a course in miracles, you would know and understand exactly what Jesus means by ONE...... so yes, anything man makes doesn't make sense, nor will it ever, because man has mad himself separate from God, but God has never been separate from man.

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

You can also learn what Jesus meant by ONE by reading his prayer to his Father, especially John 17:20-22. There, he prayed for his followers "that they may be one just as we are one." This is not about a coequal, co-almighty trinity, but rather it is about harmony and working together.

• 1 month ago

It doesn't matter if the trinity makes sense or not. It is not something the Bible teaches.

The Trinity source is from outside the Bible.

Jesus teaches that his God and Father, Jehovah, is the only true God.

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

Jesus knew and spoke of the distinction between his Father who is his God.  We do the same, following his example.

• Paul
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don't expect to fully understand, with my limited human mind, everything that God fully understands, however, if He guarantees that something is true, I accept it as true.

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

The man-made doctrine does not come from God. God's word is truth. John 17:17

• 1 month ago

No, it is illogical and unscriptural.

We should believe what Jesus said, ALL of what he said. The Bible interprets itself, and Jesus' words interpret his other words.

An example of the Bible interpreting itself: Trinitarians point to John 1:1 as proof that Jesus is God. But, the Greek manuscript says that "the word was with the god, and god was the word.". There are no capital letters in ancient unical Greek, so the fact that the first word "god" has a "the" in front of it, but the second word "god" does not, shows that one refers to identity, while the other refers to description. The word "god", or other words, in the predicate with no "the" in front of it is used many times to describe people, like Acts 28:6.

Jehovah's witnesses are not the only people who recognize this distinction. Other translations say that the word is divine. Moffatt and American Translation are two of these.

However, John 1:18 states that no man has seen (the) God at any time. Men have seen Jesus - even history has confirmed that. So The God who no man has seen is not Jesus.

Jesus stated "I and the Father are one." John 10:30 He explained what he meant in his prayer to his Father, when he prayed that those who put faith in him "may be one just as we are one." John 17:22 Jesus' words.

There are many in the Bible who are called god or God - human judges, angels, pagan gods, Satan, and Jesus Christ. "God" means "mighty one", and this title, god, applies to all of them, either good or bad. So to distinguish the true God from Jesus or anyone else, you have to look for the personal name. The ancient inspired manuscripts contained God's personal name almost 7000 times. Early copies of the Greek Septuagint version, which most Bible historians agree was used by the Christian scripture writers, also contained the name of God in Hebrew.

Jesus said "hallowed be thy name." He also said, "I made your name known to those whom you have given to me" and "I have made your name known and will continue to make your name know, in order that the love that you have for me might be in them and I in union with them." Matthew 6:9; John 17:6,26 Jesus' words.

But when the trinity became popular, and eventually even became required by Emperor Theodosius in the Roman Empire in the 4th century, the name of God was gradually changed to Lord and God. The true God's words were changed by imperfect men in the name of an unscriptural doctrine. So the distinction between the one Almighty God and his firstborn, only begotten Son were blurred.

The BIBLE shows that the holy spirit has no personal name.Trinitarians attribute the personal names of Jesus Christ and Jehovah to the holy spirit But today, many things are done “in the name of the government,” or "the law" which are not persons.They are done by the authority of these things.

Jesus said his Father is greater than he is. John 14:28 Jesus said that his Father knew things that neither he nor the angels knew. Matthew 24:36 Jesus called his Father the only true God John 17:3 Even in heavenly glory, Jesus' Father is still his God. Revelation 3:2,12 Again, Jesus' words.

In fact, in the Greek text, there are at least a dozen references to Jesus calling his Father HIS GOD, while on earth, and after his return to heaven, thereby showing that they are not in any way equal --

Matthew 27:46; Mark 15:34; John 20:17; Romans 15:6; 1 Corinthians 11:3; 1 Corinthians 15:24-28; 2 Corinthians 1:3; Ephesians 1:17; Hebrews 1:9; 1 Peter 1:3; Revelation 1:6; 3:2,12

To acknowledge that Jesus being a Mighty One, which is what God means, does not mean that one is practicing polygamy. The Father is the only Almighty God. Jesus' is his Father. Having the mightiness of a god does not lessen or weaken these facts, and there is still only one Almighty God.

The holy spirit is Jehovah's active force, which does Jehovah's will. This is why while one can be forgiven for a sin against the Son, one cannot be forgiven for a sin against the holy spirit - doing so blasphemes Jehovah by sinning against the holy spirit. The Son also does not know the day or hour, but the Father does. Jehovah alone is almighty,

Not only John 1:1, but 1 Timothy 3:16 (where "who" was changed to "God") and 1 John 5:7 (which inserted a blatantly trinitarian phrase long after John's death) were direct spurious additions to the God-inspired 1st century Bible writers' words.

1 Timothy 3:16 was played around with by early Trinitarians. Read about it -- https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/en/1%20Timothy%... Sometimes God, sometimes He, sometimes Who. In Greek, the abbreviation of "God" looks like "who". Centuries later. Bible historians noted when "who" became "God".

There are many called God in the Bible - judges, angels, kings, human leaders, Satan and Jesus. We know who is who by their name, and there is only one Almighty God. Psalm 83:16-18

So you tell me, who is making sense, Almighty God or the trinitarian churches?

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      3 weeks agoReport

His Father is also his God, in heavenly glory and on earth. John 14:28; John 20:17, Revelation 3:2,12 He is also his Father's servant who seeks to do the will of Him who sent him. Isaiah 53:11-12  John 5:30

• 1 month ago

No but I believe what the Bible tells me

• Roberta B
      Lv 6
      2 weeks agoReport

Ben, so...where does the Bible say that God is three Persons, each almighty, each all knowing, none greater or less than the other?  That is the trinity doctrine.

• 1 month ago

Our elementary school children understand the concept -- obviously not to the depth that adults do -- but they've "got it." What's your problem?

@ Bill -- "If they say the trinity is not in the Bible, then why do they along with the other religions that teach it." Try reading the Bible instead of the JW-made text, the New World Translation, considered heretical by Christian churches. No Christian says the Trinity isn't in the Bible. Jesus himself instructed us to baptize in the name of Father, Son, and Holy Spirit = 3 = Trinity. So 'the term' Trinity didn't exist until the 300's. So? The word "Bible" isn't in the Bible, and we don't see you claiming that absence invalidates the Bible.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
    • Kilroy J
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

You would whip them if they said they didnt believe it... Greek Orthodox priests have been whipping, bullying and jailing any Greek that has the courage not to agree with them for centuries...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.