Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 1 month ago

How to make spinal disc “juicier”?

I’ve been having back trouble for the past few years and from my mri’s and what radiologists and chiropractors have told me is that one of my spinal disc is deteriorating from lack of moisture due to just getting older. Other than stretching, drinking more water and using my inversion table (all of which I already do) is there a supplement, food or drink that I can consume that will make my spinal discs “juicier”?

My husband just had surgery in May for degenerative disc disease. He was in severe pain beforehand. He required two surgeries on consecutive days. His doctor inserted a spacer (or spacers) to separate his discs (new bone will grow into those spacers) and then stabilized the spine with rods and screws. It's a major surgery, but he is completely pain-free now. You just need a really good back specialist.

mild exercise same time 4 times a week

i would ask your doctor about it

• Eva

They can inject it with a gel specifically made for that purpose. HLA supplements or MSM may help.

You can't redhydrate desiccated discs, I'm afraid. To relieve symptoms take anti inflammatories such as ibuprofen and try physical therapy and massage. In the future you may need corticosteroid injections and perhaps spinal fusion surgery.

Source(s): Practically all my discs are desiccated as I have degenerative disc disease. I'm waiting to have a disc removed in my neck and the vertabrae fused. https://www.healthline.com/health/disc-desiccation...
  • k w

ionic minerals, nobody believes me, but concentrated minerals, up to 5-8 doses per day for a cpl months, then adjust as you see fit.....and stay hydrated, 1/2 your body weight in ounces of clean water, not tap water........

i would ask your doctor this question

• Tavy

If only there was. These are jelly like cushions between your spine. Nothing you eat or drink will repair them. Drinking water goes straight to your bladder. I have never heard of it being caused by lack of water, do you live in a Western country?