I learned that bullets of high velocity won't kill you because it passes through your body making pinhole damage only.?

The ones that kill are the low velocity bullets.

16 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

    You learned WRONG. Stop getting your info from TV and your mouth-breather friends. First of all every bullet is bigger than a "pin", so any holes cause by the bullet will be bigger than a pinhole. Most importantly, the design of the bullet (dimensions and weight), the spin imparted to the bullet by the barrel, and its actual velocity make a big difference in "terminal ballistics". For example, the very common FMJ .223 Remington/5.56mm bullet is very high velocity. When it enters the body it tends to yaw and fragment, causing a lot of damage and huge exit wounds. Additionally most non-military bullets designed to kill are designed to expand and dump all the bullet's energy in the body, which translates to tissue damage.

    If you want to learn more, then google "terminal ballistics"

  • 1 month ago

    Some velocity rounds also tumble when they enter your body, like from an M-16, making a big mess inside you before coming out. Besides, is a 9 mm hole the size of a pinhole? I think not.

  • Cee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    Start the day with some deep breathing exercises.

  • 1 month ago

    You were TOLD something that is 1% accurate but leaves out 99% of the truth.

    A bullet traveling at sufficiently high velocity that doesn't fragment or expand on impact would cause less physical damage than one impacting the same point and fragmenting or expanding.

    What your source ignores is that NO widely available bullet acts in that manner, and it doesn't take much physical damage to your heart, a major artery, or your brain, to cause death.

    • Hi vel. rounds often grab flesh and make a dollar-sized wound. Even FMJ's. Happened to JFK.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mike
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    And if the bullet passing through hits your spine or heart, will going fast save you from injury?

  • 1 month ago

    That doesn't sound right. Pinholes can kill you.

  • Greg
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You did not learn that. You might have heard it but it is wrong.

  • 1 month ago

    Don't try that at home.

  • 1 month ago

    wrong, the percussion wave from the high velocity bullet is what kills you, not the bullet itself

    • UR confusing this with the "theory" that a heart shot causes a hydraulic rush of blood to brain, bursting vessels. Same school of thought insists Brain is "still alive" 4 minutes. Technically, when heart stops,whatever cause, Is Death.

  • Jay
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

    Good. Now you can move on to learning how to ask an actual question!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.