Should I feel old about my kid being 15?

My oldest is going to be 15 and sometimes I think I’m old and worry he will move out soon.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • marty
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Best Answer

Not at all. Wait until the grandkids get that age and then start wondering.

• 1 month ago

If you are worried about him moving out, I think it's possible that you are overly emotionally attached to him - the goal of parenting is to raise children who are capable of leaving home at an age appropriate time. The relationship changes when they are adults, but that is not a bad thing, just different.

• 1 month ago

i wouldnt worry about it, he cant move out for another 3 yrs

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think so and he cant move out for another 3 yrs anyways

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Nathan
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Realistically, we will all move out of our parents house (I'm assuming you did) and become old. It's normal to be worried, but if it's really bothering you you can talk to him or a friend about it

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, but it's hard not to. Funny though, some parents can't wait for their child to leave home. It's quite common these days for children to stay at home into their 20s, some are still at home at 25. You could say to him he can stay home for as long as he wants and inform him of the costs he'll be responsible for if he does leave.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

No.

It's all part of the parenting cycle heading towards having an empty nest. Two of our kids have moved out and the third will in about three months. But they still come back from school on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.