Should I feel old about my kid being 15?

My oldest is going to be 15 and sometimes I think I’m old and worry he will move out soon.

• marty
    Best Answer

Not at all. Wait until the grandkids get that age and then start wondering.

If you are worried about him moving out, I think it's possible that you are overly emotionally attached to him - the goal of parenting is to raise children who are capable of leaving home at an age appropriate time. The relationship changes when they are adults, but that is not a bad thing, just different.

i wouldnt worry about it, he cant move out for another 3 yrs

i dont think so and he cant move out for another 3 yrs anyways

• Nathan

Realistically, we will all move out of our parents house (I'm assuming you did) and become old. It's normal to be worried, but if it's really bothering you you can talk to him or a friend about it

No, but it's hard not to. Funny though, some parents can't wait for their child to leave home. It's quite common these days for children to stay at home into their 20s, some are still at home at 25. You could say to him he can stay home for as long as he wants and inform him of the costs he'll be responsible for if he does leave.

• .

No.

It's all part of the parenting cycle heading towards having an empty nest. Two of our kids have moved out and the third will in about three months. But they still come back from school on holidays like Thanksgiving and Christmas.