unknown asked in SportsRunning · 1 month ago

back hurts when running? ?

i’m a cross country runner and lately my back has been hurting. It’s been consistently hurting for a solid month now but now whenever i run it hurts so bad i feel like i can’t breath. I had a race today and when i started i got tired REALLY fast like a mile earlier then when i usually do and my legs also felt really heavy. I don’t know if this is connected to my back. It’s weird bc i never feel fatigued like that ever and today i ran 4 minutes slower than usual (i ran a 24 and i usually run around a 20). Im going to the orthopedic on monday and i would like some things that you think could be wrong that i can ask them about? some questions to ask them? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Could be a weak core or a weak anal sphincter.

Lv 7
    1 month ago

Back pain could be biomechanics as others mentioned. Could be a weak core. Could be an injury of some sort (of your back or some other area, that's causing pain in your back). Whatever it is, I hope your doc was able to diagnosis you successfully yesterday and get you headed toward being pain-free.

• 1 month ago

It could be your shoes don't match your biomechanics.That's why the answer from Eva is good.

If your orthopedist is a runner, she/he is probably aware of that.

• 1 month ago

maybe you should go see your doctor and get it checked out

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Eva
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Find a really good running store in your area and go in for a gait analysis and have them properly fit your shoes to your foot and gait type. A lot of back problems start in the feet.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would go see your doctor and get it checked out

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.