Why do people often feel obligated to respect peoples wrongdoing just because they believed what they were doing was right?

Honestly, I cannot respect any malevolent behavior, and find it more disgusting to believe that any form of malevolence good. In fact, I find it more tolerable if someone acts with malevolence out of weakness or hurt than some idea that they are doing good.

I accept all people. That doesn’t mean I agree with what they do.

Read psalm 37 for peace about it.

Quote: "I cannot respect any malevolent behavior"

Guess what? The country you live in was established through malevolent behavior. It's borders are secured and maintained through malevolent behavior. Its laws are upheld and enforced through malevolent behavior. Your degree of freedom, your right to free speech, and pretty much your right to do anything and the majority of the luxuries you enjoy are a direct consequence of this FACT. So, if you find malevolence intolerable on any level, try to find somewhere in this world to live where this isn't the case. You won't find one, which makes you a raving hypocrite for enjoying the benefits conferred through the malevolence of others.

I think it is laudable to do what you think is good. However, just cuz you think it's good, doesn't mean it is. If I'm doing something "good" that is harmful to others, unbeknownst to me, then I'd like to know that, so I can stop hurting others. literally, someone who thinks they're doing good but isn't, doesn't know what they're really doing. how are they to blame?

cause they believed what they were doing was right

cause they thought what they were doing was right

I wouldn't say they respect it but they do respect a person for trying to do what's right and being driven by what's right. I would say it's evil to know you are doing wrong and for you to do it anyway. It's more likely you can change a persons perspective and show them what they are doing is not right but you cannot do that with someone who is evil and knowingly tries to do what they know is not right but just do not care.

It's easier to fix an understanding than it is a weakness. What makes it so hard for that person to do what's right? If they have to fight to do the right thing and find it too difficult what kind of person would they be?. Good people do not have to fight so hard to do what's right.

• NONAME1 month agoReport

Lots of times, people do evil out of weakness, but do not necessarily want to.