What type of wood is this on my deck?

Trying to figure out what type of wood this is so I can use the right materials to restore it

• Andy

To me, it looks like teak or a similar hardwood. There are cleaners specifically made to restore this type of wood. I would suggest buying a small amount and trying it on an inconspicuous area of your deck to see how it does.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=teak+restore+and+cleane...

It is sunbleached like logs on the beach. Usually most floor wood would be fir...because it is stronger than pine and cheaper than maple or oak. The sun bleaching has taken all the color out so to treat it is using a floor sander and sanding the grey off so you can see the brown wood color. You restore it by taking the bleached wood off. Like 60 grit on a belt sander. Maybe even 50 grit. It will be a lot of work.

• .

It looks like pressure-treated wood, perhaps southern yellow pine.

• Henry

I don't think that's wood that grows in the USA. It could be birch or white-colored spruce or a strange pine wood, but it doesn't look like those.

• Henry
      4 weeks agoReport

It's probably some New Zealand wood or Australian wood.

hard to tell maybe maple