Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

I need some answers or suggestions please. ?

My fiancé and I are both jr marines. She’s overseas and I am state side, upon getting to her unit she discovered that she was pregnant and since then we have been trying to get her back to the states so she doesn’t have all of the stress load on herself and I can help. We have talked to our commands but nothing has been done. We are aware that if anything were to happen she would not be able to fly back to the states after 28 weeks. The clock is ticking and we need help or suggestions. We are getting married very soon to help the process. We are not doing this solely because we miss each other but because of the risk factors of depression and stress in a pregnancy it could have a negative affect on our baby. She has gotten sick multiple time while over there and they just send her off with allergy medicine and it doesn’t help. She’s had a rash that was all over her body and now she has scares in those areas. I have seen recent changes to the immigration laws and how they effect service members and their children and it states that anyone born outside of the US will not be considered a citizen. On or off a military base. Please we are trying to do this for our unborn child and it’s health. God bless.

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

1, quit believing liberals-- nothing has changed, the children of US service members are still US citizens

2. they are NOT going to PCS her, just because she is pregnant

they will give her the opportunity to be dischanged after the baby is born, she can then come back

3. pretty much the military never cuts overseas tours short-- you might get accepted into a school or something else, but you go after your overseas tour is finished

4. being married will change nothing, even if you were married, she still has to finish the overseas tour before they would PCS her to join you in the married couples program

5 about the only chance she has, would be in the hospital states she needs some care, that they cannot give where she is at... her being stressed is NOT a reason.

• Michaela
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

if someone chooses to be discharged because of a pregnancy, they are NOT coming back into the service after that.  i have NEVER known that to happen

• 1 month ago

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I have seen recent changes to the immigration laws and how they effect service members and their children and it states that anyone born outside of the US will not be considered a citizen.

You might want to stop taking news from The Onion as gospel.

• 1 month ago

Make sure you document all sickness mild or minor that she suffered while still in service on her medical record. Include mental suffering too. Include everything! Very important! You can use them later on as evidence for VA service connected disability claim!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • NWIP
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Unless she is in a job that she cannot do while pregnant they will not transfer her. If they do it will be to something at the base until after the birth and then she must go back. She will need a Family Care Plan in place. She can be discharged but always make sure it is the best option before the final decision is made.

The child will be a US Citizen because you both are. She will have to apply for a Consular Born Abroad Birth Certificate when the child is born. She needs to get several copies, just in case one is lost later.

There is limits on what she can be given because she is pregnant. Stress and pregnancy can cause the rash, but it can also be because of the area she is in and what she is eating. Pregnancy changes the body in multiple ways. She can look into things like massage to help reduce the stress

• 1 month ago

You are not a member of the US Marine Corps.

Flying is not automatically prohibited after the 28th week of pregnancy.

Try another fantasy.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

That isn't a conclusion. It is THE ONLY logical deduction from your FALSE belief there is such a thing as a Jr Marine.

• 1 month ago

Jr Marines? NO SUCH THING.

Try again when you have a clue.

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

There is NO SUCH THING as a Jr Marine. NO ONE that has ever stepped foot in Marine Recruit Training uses that BS term.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe you should talk to someone in charge of the military about all this

• Daniel
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

As long as she is a US citizen, the kid is going to be a US citizen no matter where it is born.

That recent change affects non-citizen members of the military that have a kid overseas.  

• Use Norplant

Safe and reliable birth control, which means you can fulfill the commitments you made.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.