Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceDream Interpretation · 1 month ago

Dreams about wanting to get back in a toxic relationship?

I've been having dreams for a few months about my ex being friends with me again and me possibly trying to find a way to get back together with her. I say possibly because I don't know if it's me trying to be friends or something more (probably both). I see her all the time (irl) and have been next to her only a foot away. So, is me constantly being around her cause these dreams, or something different?

You being around her and having to think about her and your mutual past is why she keeps popping up in your dreams. Please do not take this as a sign to get back together, and congratulations on getting out of a toxic relationship!

Yes, we tend to dream about what we do every day. it's one reason dreams aren't remembered, they can often be mundane if we have a rigid routine. However, only you can determine if you genuinely are wanting more from your current relationship with her.

You are physically in her presence and that causes you to have a return of your feelings concerning her. It is difficult to just allow someone whom you were so intimate with, to come back into your Life and pretend there are no return of feelings. It is quite possible that her presence could cause negative feelings also. Try to physically distance yourself from her. Date other women, so you are not lonely and you will have hopes for a good relationship with another woman.