is britain or england a less safe place now?

observing the manchester arndale terrorist attack yesterday, and similar incidences in recent times...it feels as though england and britain is a less safe place now than it used to be a long time ago? , i was born in chester but lived in manchester all my life and ive seen the changes and feel worried and vulnerable because i'm thinking the streets aren't safe now? even in the quieter suburban areas.

i see some people argue that its due to the amount of immigration we have allowed in this country and letting in people from the 3rd world who have different values and beliefs to us?

plus, the reports i here about london now, with gangs, knife crime, gangs, machete attacks sounds unbelievable....not the london i remember long ago.

any thoughts on any of this?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Best Answer

Yes, there is less respect and even less tolerance of someone else's point of view. Fights tend to turn lethal rather than being settled by fists alone. Fewer police on the beat too. You need to have your wits about you and not go into known bad areas at night.

I don't think you can include wartime (and that's what the IRA campaign against the UK was) as normal.

• Land-shark
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

In this instance the IRA were right. Undeclared wars are often the messiest.

• dj
    Lv 5
    4 weeks ago

depends on which period you compare it to. The Normans made the whole country dangerous.

• David
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

Much less safe. Every country has it's fair share of scumbags but we insist on importing other countries too .

• andy
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

yes I am sorry to it is

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

the More Muslims you let in the Less protection for any white female

• armouror
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

do you really want to live next to this

https://talkinjihadblues.wordpress.com/2008/07/15/koran-654-allah-okays-raping-babies/

• 1 month ago

FFS. The IRA bombed the Arndale Centre in 1996. So no, things were not safer in the past.

• armouror
      Lv 5
      4 weeks agoReport

from 1945 to 1955 yea it was but by 1958 people were Rioting and Pakistani Bashing

Proving Muslims are a problem and women are Not safe

• 1 month ago

Apart from knife crime most types of violent crime is on a downward trend. Don t assume only black people are violent. White British people go on violent drunken sprees in most large towns and cities on Friday and Saturday nights

• 1 month ago

Britain or England thank you very much you uneducated twerp.

Lv 5
    1 month ago

True to say that there is a serious increase in knife crime, which is mainly black youths on black youths. Yesterday's attack was NOT terrorism.The suggestion is that it was mental health related. There are many worse places to live in the world.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.