Wouldn't it be nice if we could give questions thumbs up or down?

• Best Answer

I honestly don't see the point in having thumbs up/down feature for answers or questions...because with the amount of trolls who come here with their 50 accounts, thumbing down a particular user because they don't like them.

I've noticed that people tend to thumb down my answers, when there is nothing wrong with them.

So what really is the point in having it at all?

• Daniel

No I dont think thats a good Idea

Yes it would Bc there’s a lot of questions that I don’t agree with and would love to give it a thumbs down but couldn’t you use your emoji button on your phone’s keyboard to use the thumbs down idk to be honest but I do wish they would put that in there

• Zirp

Nope. Rumour has it that we could (before I had ever heard of Y!A), but people abused the feature by thumbing down questions just because they didn't like the person posting them

I do not agree with you. Since most of the time, the thumbs up and thumb downs are just tools of the trolls trying to control this site. I have always recommended that they do away with it on answers.

• Eastside Guz
      1 month agoReport

Many times the person/user who answers a question in whichever category gives themselves a TU like if some other user did it but it only serves a morale purpose. What would be great if the user who posted the question would give a best answer instead of ignoring it for months or completely...

Yes and no. Like any other YA feature, it WILL be abused. We used to be able to rate questions with stars, but that was abused.

My answers often get thumbed down. Each thumb down is a sarcastic thumb up. IF the question HAS a correct answer, the more thumb downs my answer has, the more correct my answer is. It's astounding how many times my answer is the only direct answer to the question that was asked. 

ANY feature can be and WILL be abused to death. 

• LAN

Shy do you think a childish display will matter to anyone that isn't insane or childish?

When I get a thumbs down I consider it a victory because another moron is admitting that they can't intelligently debate me.

In the long past we could, but users complained that it hurt their feelings to get a TD so staff took away the option. Now all we can do is ignore or report them.

• audrey

Yes it would. Put that on the suggestion board.

Logical extension to existing functionality I suppose